Delicious with pasta or on flatbreads.
Ready in 10 minutes minutes Serves approx 200g
- 100g wild garlic leaves, roughly chopped
- 75g walnuts
- 150 – 200ml extra virgin rapeseed oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the leaves in a food processor then add the nuts, and blend together.
- Add the oil and blend again.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
When wild garlic is not in season fresh rocket leaves can be used instead.
Always wash and thoroughly dry the leaves before use. When stored in sterilized jars, the pesto keeps well in the fridge for a couple of weeks. I often pop some in the freezer to prolong the season. The amount of oil used can vary, depending upon the consistency you require.