A speedy supper that can be prepared quickly on an evening after work.
Ready in 15 minutes Serves 4
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 peppers chopped
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin chick peas
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger, cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- chunk of creamed coconut (approx 25g)
- handful of fresh coriander
- olive oil
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Sauté the onion, garlic and peppers in oil.
- Add spices and cook for two minutes, stirring constantly (add a little water if sticking).
- Add the cooked chick peas, tomatoes – add a little water if needed.
- Bring to the boil, add the creamed coconut, and simmer for at least 10 minutes.
- Add the fresh coriander towards the end of cooking time.