A healthy vegan recipe. This grain is packed with all the essential amino acids your body needs. Quinoa will increase by 3 to 4 times in volume and when cooked has a light fluffy texture.
Ready in 20 minutes Serves 2
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red or yellow pepper, chopped
- 200g smoked tofu
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground coriander seed
- ¼ tsp fresh ginger, grated
- zest and juice of a ½ a lemon
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin rapeseed oil (optional)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Rinse the quinoa well using a sieve.
- Place in a pan with a cup of water, bring to the boil, and then simmer for 10 minutes until cooked.
- Remove from heat, and leave to absorb remaining water.
- Roughly chop the onions, pepper and tofu.
- Add this to the quinoa and mix with a fork.
- Chop the parsley and add this to the quinoa mixture along with the lemon zest and juice.
- Add the oil, if using, and season well.
Try replacing the lemon and parsley with lime and coriander leaves. A pinch of crushed dried chillies could be added.
Try pan roasting the vegetables and serving this dish warm.