A taste of summer – delicious topped with fresh juicy local strawberries. Scones are so easy to make and can be enjoyed fresh from the oven or frozen for later use.
Ready in 35 minutes Serves 12 to 14 scones
- 340g self raising flour
- 85g Pure Sunflower margarine
- 55g caster sugar
- 125ml unsweetened soya milk
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Mix the flour and sugar in a bowl. Rub in the margarine until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stir the milk mixture into the dry mixture. Mix it together until a soft dough is formed.
- Turn onto a floured board, and knead lightly. Roll out to an even thickness of about 2cm.
- Using a 5cm (2 inch) cutter cut out scones and place on a floured baking tray. Keep rolling and cutting until the dough is used up.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.