Something different using Black Badger Carlin Peas available from Hodmedod’s.
Ready in 20 minutes Serves 4
- 200g black badgers, cooked
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 50g sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- chopped basil
- salad leaves to serve
- Put the cooked black badgers in a bowl; add the crushed garlic, chilli flakes oil and lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Add the other ingredients mix carefully and place in the fridge so that the flavours develop.
- Perfect served with crusty bread.
Lizzy’s Cooking Tip
When cooking dried beans it’s worth cooking a large amount. Soak in a large saucepan full overnight, and then cook for 45 to 60 minutes. When cool place in freezer bags or tubs and store in the freezer until needed.