A fresh green pate, which is a popular starter.
Ready in 20 minutes Serves 4
- 150g broad beans
- 150g peas
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp mint
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the oil with the cloves of garlic.
- Cook until the garlic is soft, but not brown. Leave to cool.
- Cook the peas and beans until tender, and then set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend.
The texture should be quite coarse.
- Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with oat cakes, toast or fresh crusty bread.